|W H A T ' S A B U C K E T ? |
A bucket is the world's most efficient device for smoking cannabis. It is also the least known. This web site was developed to both spread the word about this marvellous invention, and provide a great resource for bucketheads all over the world!
I'm pleased you've found us - now all you need to do is make yourself a bucket...
W H A T D O I N E E D ?
One of the great things about buckets is that they are easy to make - you can set one up virtually anywhere. There is also a portable version that doesn't require water - it's called a bag, but more of that later.
- You will need a 2 litre plastic bottle (Coke bottles are widely believed to be the best, but you can use any sort of plastic bottle).
- You'll need a bucket of water, or a bath with water in it, a stream, or anything else that will hold water. (If you can find a 3 litre plastic bottle, that will work like a charm too).
- Some aluminium foil and a pin. As you start becoming attached to your bucket, you will want to upgrade to a real chilm, but foil is easy to get. Now, the cheapest way to buy some foil (if there's none in the kitchen cupboard), is to buy a kit-kat, but apparently they are cruel to babies (Nestle Boycott) so I'm going to have a sniff around the shops and see what else there is to recommend... But we're getting off topic...
H O W D O I M A K E A B U C K E T ?
- Then fill up the bucket, or if you are using a 3 litre bottle, cut the top off it so you can pop the 2 litre bottle inside it, and fill it with water. Or run a bath and have your bucket while having a nice soak. Or go and fetch a stream to put the bottle in.
- Now you need to make a gauze to put the cannabis in. Put the foil over the top of the bottle, and push it down so that you get a nice little bowl. You can make it very neat by squashing the foil over the screw at the top of the bottle so you can unscrew it neatly, or you can forget about the neatness aspect like most people do when they are desperate to have a bucket.
- Use the pin to make lots of little holes in the foil to let the smoke through - don't make the holes too big or your cannabis will disappear through them, which is very sad to watch.
- You are now ready to have your first bucket!!
H O W D O I U S E A B U C K E T ?
It's easy, but I'll explain how the thing works first. If you don't care how it works, then skip down a bit... When the bottle is in the bucket, it is full of water and not much air. You burn the cannabis while you pull the bottle slowly out of the water. Pulling it out of the water makes air rush into the bottle past the smoking cannabis, and all the smoke gets concentrated into the bottle. Stop while the bottom of the bottle is still in the water or you'll find that all that lovely smoke goes everywhere but your lungs which is bad.
OK, make sure the foil is wrapped around the bottle - we want a pretty airtight seal except for the holes. Put some cannabis in the dip in the foil - as I mentioned before, a bucket is very efficient so you won't need too much. Light a lighter and hold it on the cannabis while you pull the bottle slowly - don't pull too fast or you'll suck the lighter flame out. All this heat will make the cannabis smoke and burn. Once it starts to glow you probably wont need the lighter any more, and if it is on fire (with flames and that) then you're probably overdoing it a bit.
Keep on pulling the bottle slowly out of the water, and watch gleefully as what once just held coke now holds a terrific hit. Make sure that the bottom of the bottle stays underwater - don't pull the bottle right out or all that smoke is going to go on a mission.
Stop and carefully remove the foil (if it is hot, wet your fingers first). Be careful not to push the bottle down into the water, because you'll lose some of the smoke, and you might get hot bits of cannabis jumping about the place.
Exhale, then put your mouth over the neck of the bottle and breathe in - you'll find that the bottle slips down into the water as you breathe in. Make sure that you have the whole bucket in one go - just inhale the whole thing without thinking about it and you'll be fine. Although you might want to have a nice glass of water nearby in case you want a drink.
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !
You've just had your first bucket!!! Now, email us to tell us what it was like, and start educating everyone you know about the marvelous bucket. If you can, take a photo and email it to us so we can put you in the 'Worldwide Bucket Hall of Fame', and give you your free '@haveabucket.com' email address.
You'll quickly come to love your new bucket and talk to it like a true friend. You'll probably want to buy it a present before long, so you need to go scouring for a chilm. You use a chilm instead of the foil. It lasts for ages, collects cannabis oil for you to smoke when you've run out, and it also doesn't burn your fingers when you remove it.
You can make a chilm in lots of ways - if you can find a bowl from a pipe or bong that fits snugly in the neck of a bottle, that will work fine. Otherwise you need a 13mm socket set attachment (have a look in people's garages - you can leave all of the other sockets there, you just need the 13mm one. Look blank if anybody accuses you of stealing a bit of a socket set). Wrap a little electrical tape around it - this will make it fit the bottle neck perfectly, and it'll also stop you burning yourself if it's hot. Put a little metal gauze inside (you'll have to either go to a drug paraphernalia store, or get some metal pipe screens from a good tobacconist), and you're all set.
When you have run out of gear, scrape the brown goo from inside the chilm and smoke that - it doesn't taste great but even a little hit is better than no hit at all eh?
Of course, one of the best ways to upgrade your bucket is to use a 3 litre bottle. Search around to find one that has the standard 2 litre sized neck so you don't have to have two chilms.
A bag works just like a bucket, except that instead of using water to pull the air into the bottle, a bag uses, well...a bag. Bread bags are good because they are long and thin. The great thing about a bag is that you can carry it around with you. If you are stuck somewhere you can't smoke, just go into a toilet and have one in a cubical. Simple, quick, efficient, basic stoner equipment.
Prepare the 2 litre bottle as normal, but stick electrical tape around the jaggedy edge (otherwise you'll rip the bread bag before long). Insert the bag into the bottle so it reaches the top. Cut the bag neatly and stick it to the bottle so it is airtight.
Pulling the bag out whilst burning the cannabis is a bit tricky. You'll probably need someone to help you. There is a trick so you can have a 'one man bag'. You need to sit on the floor with your knees near your chin, and hold the bag with your knees (it actually looks more amusing than it sounds). Fill the chilm with cannabis, and use one hand to pull out the bag while you use the other one to burn the cannabis.
HOW TO - BUCKETHEADS - CHAT & MESSAGES - LINKS - CONTACT - HOME
Have A Bucket- cannabis responsible use